WHAT DO I DO IN SOCIALS?
If you fancy getting some event management and party planning experience, Socials is the way to go. We have a whole bunch of major society events throughout the year that you’ll get to organise and run. From concept design to promotion to execution, you’ll be there for it all to help the society bond and have heaps of fun together!
WHAT SKILLS CAN I LEARN IN SOCIALS?
- Event planning and management
- Communication skills like negotiation and correspondence
- Organising run sheets, budgets and required resources
- Facilitating a positive and inclusive environment at all our events
- Creating promotional and marketing material
WHAT’S THE TIME COMMITMENT LIKE?
Time commitment will depend on whether you want to play a large role in the organisation of an event or whether you just want to help out on the day. There may be some necessary team meetings but there’s no set number of hours you need to dedicate yourself to.
I’M INTERESTED! WHAT NOW?
Easy stuff – just click the ‘Get Involved’ button and our Socials Heads will be in contact with you about what’s going on for the semester.
If you’re interested in being part of the 2018 Socials Team, click on Get Involved or send us an e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more info!